Sunday 29 July 2012

Mascara


One of my first purchases of makeup growing up was mascara, I bought it at the Body Shop at Zahra in 1992, when hanging out at the Pizza Hut outside was the equivalent of dinner, clubbing, and after party all rolled into one. I can't leave home without applying it, globs and globs on the upper and lower lids. Over the years I have tried ALOT of mascara's and here are some of my favorite ones:




1. L'Oreal-Extra Volume Collagene: I discovered this one in the States this year and really does plump up 
    your lashes, careful as it slightly clumps. My trick is to mix this after applying the Hyponse, as it extends 
    and intensifies

2. Hypnose Doll Eyes by Lancome: A great everyday use, it separates, lengthens just perfect for layering. 

3. YSL- Volume Effect Faux Clis: Queen Disco of mascara's, gives you the most unbelievable fake lashes 
    effect, also one of the best to layer on after any of the above. 

4. Dior- Black Out: A couple of applications of this Ms. Dior number and you have beautiful long lashes, this 
    also clumps if you layer too much one.

5. Helena Rubinstein- Lash Queen: The name speaks for itself. My favorite mascara. Gives you the blackest 
    of black lashes, never clumps, separates and the brush is perfect for the lower lashes.   

One mascara I really want to try is the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill. Has anyone tried it? Do you have a favorite mascara? Please share.

No comments: