Tuesday 18 December 2012

Apple Baklava

Every now and again I come home and my mother has made Apple Baklava. Now you have to understand that me and Apple Baklava have had an illicit love affair for many years now and well we just can't seem to let go of each other. It's always the same scenario, I come home see my naughty lover on the kitchen counter, he winks, I get flustered and BAAMMM my mom stuffs one in my mouth and asks me do u think its too sweet? I give her this look that translates into, again you made apple baklava? You know I am going to eat the entire thing, tray included? Bless her.

This is one of my favorite sweets, an absolute love, made with tart apples, ground almond, cardamon, crisp filo pastry and warm sweet syrup. I know he's no good for me but I love him..........




No comments: